Qigong, chi kung, or chi gung is a traditional Chinese practice of aligning breath, movement and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation. Qigong can enhance health and well-being with many benefits, including improving cardiovascular function, healing specific acute diseases, and increasing longevity. It is now practiced by many people all over the world. However, how to do Qigong correctly? Here TCM specialist from ReLife International Medical Center would like to share some points for attention before you start Qigong training.
1. Concentrate and stabilize your mood. Make sure that you are mentally relaxed and carefree.
2. Find a quiet and peaceful place to perform Qigong training, with proper light, fresh air and attractive scenery. Make sure there is no noise, strong irritant, nor abnormal odours in the surroundings.
3. Relieve nature before you start the Qigong training.
4. Wear loose fitting clothes that are made of lustrous and spongy material and be soft in color for the Qigong training.
5. Self-massage is recommended at the uncomfortable area if you feel uncomfortable or tired after a journey. Keep good hygienic habits. I.E. you are not comfortable with your hair, try to have haircuts frequently, as well as have baths and change your clothes.
6. Make sure that your training facilities and appliances are suitable for you. Check that the height and hardness of your bed, chairs, bedding and cushions are appropriate before you start Qigong training.
7. Don’t perform Qigong training in bad weather conditions, such as rain, thunder, storm and other weather extremes. In that case, you can choose another suitable place to continue your Qigong training if you want. Make sure to keep clear of any draught.
This article is contributed by ReLife International Medical Center. For more details on the medical services provided, please kindly consult us. We are happy to provide a medical solution for your inquiry.